For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, Dec. 6, 2019
• El Tejon Middle School parents, chat over coffee & donuts with your principal, Corey Hansen, 9 a.m. in Room 3.
• ‘Singing & Giving’ is a festive chance to enjoy listening to local musicians, sing along, snack and help the Toys for Tots program, 6–7:30 p.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, organized by Let’s Live Local and Frazier Park Library. Enjoy free cookies and hot drinks. If you wish, bring a new, unwrapped toy or gift card to donate, which will be distributed by the Mountain Communities Family Resource Center.
Saturday, Dec. 7, 2019
• The Mountain Communities Holiday Faire is noon–6 p.m. in downtown Frazier Park. Vendors, food, free entertainment, games, contests and a drawing are all part of the fun. Santa and his elves will check out those Christmas wish lists. The Tree Lighting Ceremony is at sundown (about 5:15 p.m.) and the Fantasy of Lights Parade is 5:30 p.m.
• ‘A Celtic Christmas’ featuring music and refreshments is 1 p.m. at the library. Lynne Shane—on hammered dulcimer and concertina—and her talented group of musicians playing everything from guitar to fiddle, penny whistle to percussion will be in festive holiday form for you.
• ‘Holidays on the Homestead’ is another kind of festive family outing, Dec. 7, 5–8 p.m. (rain or shine) at Antelope Valley Indian Museum State Historical Park (15701 East Avenue M, Lancaster). Tickets are: Adults $10, Children 6-12 $5, Under 5 free.
• The ‘Stash and Carry’ Arts and Crafts show at Artworks Community Gallery (see page 10) holds its reception for community members to meet the artisans at 5 p.m. at the gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village)—always a festive time with yummy refreshments and great conversation! The show is open Tuesdays (except 12/24), Fridays and weekends through December 29; for hours visit www.artworks.space/now-showing.
* The band DDLM plays their farewell gig at PMC Condor Lounge, 7–11 p.m., with local favorites Rich Herman, Dave Wilson, Jayce Burns, bandleader Larry Handy and maybe a guest or two. Enjoy your favorite classic rock, blues, country and pop tunes…and dance, dance, dance!
Tuesday, Dec. 10, 2019
• A public hearing about the proposed Grapevine Specific and Community Plan by Tejon Ranchcorp will be held at 2 p.m., by the Kern County Planning Commission at Board of Supervisors Chambers (First Floor1115 Truxtun Ave., Bakersfield).
Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2019
• Get into the whimsical holiday mood with a Wonderland Tea, Wednesday, Dec. 4, 2 p.m. at Ridge Route Communities Museum. Call 661.245.7747 (early!) to reserve your spot at the table for scones, finger sandwiches and all those other yummy tea trappings. The cost is $15.
Thursday, Dec. 5, 2019
• The AARP monthly luncheon meeting is 11:45 a.m. in the Frazier Park Community Center Senior Room. Main dishes will be provided. Please bring a side dish or dessert. Come enjoy good food and new friends. To join your local chapter is just $5 per year for dues.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Resident Permits Are Going Fast! Ease the stress of winter driving. Get your Winter Resident Permit so when CHP blocks snow visitors with chain checks, you can be waved through. Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce prints these, available for $5 at several Frazier Park and Pine Mountain Village locations (see hotlink at www.MountainEnterprise.com for a list). Purchasers must bring proof of residence.
• Holiday Lights at California Living Museum (CALM) is a dazzling show that runs nightly through Saturday, Jan. 4 (except on Christmas), 5:30–9 p.m. (10500 Alfred Harrell Highway, Bakersfield, 661.872.2256). Tickets are $6–12; children three and younger are free. It’s a memorable night out for the whole family.
• Frazier Mountain Little League spring registration is available online at FMLL.org. Registration deadline is December 31. See ad page 11.
• All 6th through 8th graders are invited to the ‘Winter Wonderland’ winter formal dance at El Tejon School, Friday, Dec. 13, 5:30–8:30 p.m. (4337 Lebec Road, Lebec, in the gym). Tickets for this fun event with food, music, a DJ and photo opps are $12 in advance, $15 at the door and include a main dish and a drink. Additional food and drink will be available for purchase. Dress code is semi-formal, and remember to wear your dancing shoes!
• The 9th annual ‘Christmas in the Village’ parade and variety show on Saturday, Dec. 14 promises fun, food, face painting and cheer in Pine Mountain Village. Arrive at 11:00 a.m. for the parade, which starts at 11:30 am behind the General Store, followed by Santa and live entertainment at the village gazebo. Back by popular demand is the for-children-only ‘One Stop Kids Shop’ where all gifts are just 25 cents.
* An Ugly Sweater Contest is Saturday, Dec. 14, 7:30 p.m. at the PMC Condor Lounge. There will be a $25 cash prize for the ugliest one!
At the Frazier Park Library
Hours: Tue., Wed., Thur. 11-7; Fri.-Sat. 9-5
3732 Park Drive, FP— 661-245-1267
All month: Write a Letter to Santa and Puzzlemania by the Tree
Friday, Dec. 6
THE LIBRARY IS CLOSED FOR AN ALL-STAFF MEETING
Saturday, Dec. 7
•9 a.m. Yoga
•1 p.m. A Celtic Christmas (music and refreshments)
Tuesday, Dec. 10
•11:30 a.m. Storytime
•5:30 p.m. Lego Club
Wed., Dec. 11
•11 a.m. Quilting & Other Crafts
•3:30 p.m. Chess Club
•5:30 p.m. Frazier Park Bookworms
Thursday, Dec. 12
•Noon 8 Treasures Qigong
•6 p.m. Soils & Composting
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
• Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the December 6, 2019 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.