For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Saturday, May 1, 2021
• Rattlesnake Avoidance Clinics are back, 8 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. in Neenach, by appointment only. Cost is $75 per dog. Vaccines will be available Saturday, May 1 only, for $37. See story on page 10-11, including reservation instructions.
• Free covid-19 vaccines administered by Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley’s mobile clinic, 10 a.m.–1 p.m., Frazier Mountain Park Community Center (3801 Park Drive). Ages 16+ are eligible. See pg. 7 for appt. info. Walk-ups will also be served.
• Barbecue and Live Music at The Falcon’s Nest in Frazier Park. Music starts at 12:30 p.m. 661-245-4400.
• Covid Relief artists’ reception and show is 3 p.m.–6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, PMC), featuring Lee Motivo and Mike Cram. It feels like the light at the end of the tunnel when Artworks is back! Social distancing and masks required.
Sunday, May 2, 2021
• Protect your dog and maybe even yourself! Rattlesnake Avoidance Clinics continue (see the Saturday listing for details.)
Monday, May 3, 2021
• Last day of the Rattlesnake Avoidance Clinics in Neenach (see the Saturday listing for details.)
Wednesday, May 5, 2021
• Virtual Valley Fever Support Group is 5-6 p.m., online. Kern Medical Valley Fever Institute is holding virtual sessions to help those who struggle with valley fever or would like to learn more about it. This group meets every second Wednesday of the month. Join in and find support at ValleyFeverInstitute.com/education-and-awareness/support-group/.
• Cinco de Mayo celebration at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant at 3500 Mt. Pinos Way. Live music from 6 to 9 p.m.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• New Forest service logging project for Mt. Pinos public comment deadline is Friday, May 7. Be an informed community member, and read up on the various perspectives. See article beginning on page 1 of the print edition.
• Vaccines will be administered free by Adventist Health Tehachapi Valley’s mobile clinic, Saturday, May 8, 10 a.m.–1 p.m., at Frazier Mountain Park Community Center. Ages 16+ are eligible, as they will be bringing Pfizer for teens 16-17. Appointment instructions are on page 7. Walk-ups will also be served.
•Local craft and vendors event is Saturday, May 15, 10 a.m.–5 p.m. at Midway Market (6032 Frazier Mountain Park Road). Stop by to see what your local vendors have been working on— arts and craft items, key chains, bags and household items. Social distancing and masks required.
•Bring your icky stuff to dump at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, Saturday, May 22, 9 a.m–noon, Lebec Transfer Station (300 Landfill Road). This is a great resource if you have you been using your covid-19 lockdown time for major cleaning around the homestead.
•Buckland Surplus Swap Meet is May 22–23, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Local vendors and creators can reserve a spot by calling 661.573.6816. Spots are $10 for a table or $25 for a 10×10 spot. Here’s a chance to get rid of your old unwanted items, sell your arts and crafts and such, or just have fun. Swap meet will be held in the parking lot at 3224 Mt. Pinos Way, F.P.
• The Frazier Mountain Health Fair will go on! Saturday, June 26, 9 a.m.–1 p.m., Frazier Park School. Come out for your life and health. Free tests of many kinds are available, and even some free dental screenings. See ad on page 5 of the print edition for more details.
•Now that museums are opening, what greater way to have fun? Bring the little ones to explore the history of art, on top of that, those with SNAP benefits just have to show their EBT card to get free admission. See which museums are open at museums4all.org and enter your local ZIP Code.
• Virtual Narcotics Anonymous and Al-Anon meetings are available during the covid-19 pandemic. For NA, go to www.kcna.org/meetings.html or submit a ‘Join group’ request at the private ‘Quarantine NA–Kern County’ Facebook group. For Al-Anon, visit the Al-Anon WSO (World Service Org.) webpage at al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/ or the ‘Al-Anon WSO’ Facebook page.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in the Mountain Communities are happening by Zoom at their regular times. For meeting call-in information, call Dave at 661.406.5816, or text 661.748.9525.
At the Frazier Park Library
Our library is open 12–6 p.m., Tuesday–Thursdays with a 30 person limit or you can choose to make an appointment online at www.kerncountylibrary.org or call the headquarters branch at 661.868.0700. Meanwhile, eLibrary allows access to the digital collection. At kerncountylibrary.org/elibrary/ find:
OverDrive for eBooks and eAudiobooks. Each title can be checked out for 21 days. Up to 30 titles can be checked out at a time.
Hoopla for eBooks, eAudiobooks and comic books. Stream movies, television and music. Each title can be checked out for 21 days. During this closure, you can take out up to 6 items a month!
RBDigital for eAudiobooks, up to 21-day checkout, and up to 10 titles at a time.
CloudLibrary for eBooks. Each title can be checked out for 14 days, with three titles at a time. Titles can be requested and customers are notified of download availability once a title is returned.
PLEASE NOTE: MANY OF THESE EVENTS MAY HAVE BEEN CANCELED.
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
•Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
Third Sunday of each month
•The PMC Amateur Radio Club meetings are now held on your amateur radio on the third Sunday of the month at 2 p.m. using the Cerro Noroeste Repeater KC6WRD 70cm 443.075 448.075 +5 MHz FM 94.8. Everyone is welcome to attend! The more members throughout the mountain region, the more prepared our region will be in the event of an emergency.
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the April 30, 2021 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.