For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, June 4, 2021
• Help rebuild critically low blood supplies at Houchin Community Blood Bank’s drive, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. at Dollar General (3521 Mt. Pinos Way). Save time and help maintain social distancing, to sign up visit www.hcbb.com/schedule
Saturday, June 5, 2021
• Whosoevers Skate Park Tour event kicks off at 2 p.m. Come out to Frazier Park Skate Park (3801 Park Dr) to see the Whosoevers outreach crew. The Best Trick contest offers a $100 prize, and there will be band product giveaways. This is a free event for all ages.
•Embrace the dark on a Night Hike at Wind Wolves Preserve, 7:30–9:30 p.m. look for nocturnal wildlife along San Emigdio Canyon Trail and admire the night sky atop our lookout point at Raven’s Landing. Black lights may be provided to discover glow-in-the-dark critters. Ages 6 and up (no strollers). These are free, but book up fast! Reservations are via www.facebook.com/WindWolvesPreserve.
Wednesday, June 9, 2021
• Virtual Valley Fever Support Group is 5-6 p.m., online. Kern Medical Valley Fever Institute is holding virtual sessions to help those who struggle with valley fever or would like to learn more about it. This group meets every second Wednesday of the month. Join in and find support at ValleyFeverInstitute.com/education-and-awareness/support-group/
Ongoing and Upcoming
• The Cooling Center at Frazier Park Community Center will be open 1–8 p.m. (3801 Park Dr, FP) when the Frazier Park forecast is 95 degrees or higher until Sept. 22. With these temperatures rising we all would enjoy a nice air conditioned area. You are encouraged to bring non-alcoholic drinks and snacks, a good book, maybe some board games to play with friends and family.
• Vax for the win! Get vaccinated and be entered in a new series of California state lotteries. If you are vaccinated you are already enrolled. If not yet, there is still time: get vaccinated to be entered to win up to $1.5 million in cash prizes, and have a great shot at a $50 gift card.
• ‘Color Your World’ and become a Reading Artist! Join the Summer Reading challenge, which runs until the end of July. Participants keep a log as they read 10 books, or read for 10 hours. They can earn free books and other incentives.
• Yogis and yoginis, rejoice! Yoga is returning to Frazier Park Library Wednesday, June 16, 10:30 a.m. Please bring a mat and small towel, as none will be provided. (A mat is necessary, as a towel or blanket is not safe to use—it will slide about.) If you have any questions, email the instructor Deb Lowe at email@example.com.
• The Frazier Mountain Health Fair is Saturday, June 26, 9 a.m.–1 p.m., Frazier Park School. Come out for your life and health. Free tests of many kinds are available, and even some free dental screenings.
• Pine Mountain Club’s Concert on the Greens returns, with Rebel Heart kicking off, Saturday, June 26, 4:30–7 p.m. It is on the PMC golf course, so bring blankets and beach chairs. Food and drinks are available for purchase (no outside food or drink). Masks required (as of press time June 2), and social distancing is recommended.
• Virtual Narcotics Anonymous and Al-Anon meetings are available during the covid-19 pandemic. For NA, go to www.kcna.org/meetings.html or submit a ‘Join group’ request at the private ‘Quarantine NA–Kern County’ Facebook group. For Al-Anon, visit the Al-Anon WSO (World Service Org.) webpage at al-anon.org/al-anon-meetings/electronic-meetings/ or the ‘Al-Anon WSO’ Facebook page.
• Alcoholics Anonymous meetings in the Mountain Communities are happening by Zoom at their regular times. For meeting call-in information, call Dave at 661.406.5816, or text 661.748.9525.
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 12–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
June through July – ‘Reading Colors Your World’ is the Summer Reading Challenge. Win lots of prizes. Sign up in the library Tues-Thursday 12–6 p.m. Find more details on page 11.
Wed, June 16, 10:30–11:30 a.m., Yoga returns! Mountain Lotus Yoga; masks are required to enter and exit the library, but may be removed during exercises. Please bring a matt and a small towel.
The eLibrary allows access to the digital collection. At kerncountylibrary.org/elibrary/ find OverDrive for eBooks and eAudiobooks; Hoopla for eBooks, eAudiobooks and comic books; RBDigital for eAudiobooks; and CloudLibrary for eBooks.
PLEASE NOTE: MANY OF THESE EVENTS MAY HAVE BEEN CANCELED.
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
•Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Park Run for Fun 8 a.m., from Frazier Mountain Park parking lot; leashed pets welcome
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
Third Sunday of each month
•The PMC Amateur Radio Club meetings are now held on your amateur radio on the third Sunday of the month at 2 p.m. using the Cerro Noroeste Repeater KC6WRD 70cm 443.075 448.075 +5 MHz FM 94.8. Everyone is welcome to attend! The more members throughout the mountain region, the more prepared our region will be in the event of an emergency.
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the June 4, 2021 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.