For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, Sept. 10, 2021
• Extended! The Great American Yard Sale at Ridge Route Communities Museum (3515 Park Dr., FP) continues today and tomorrow, 9 a.m.–4 p.m. Masks and social distancing are required; gloves encouraged. Call 661.245.7747 with any questions.
• Wind Wolves Preserve presents Movies in the Canyon, 7–9 p.m.. Bring a blanket, chairs and a picnic to enjoy the evening with a PG-rated movie. For reservations contact 661.858.1115 or register though their Facebook page. Head north on I-5 for 19.4 miles, then exit west on SR 166 for 14.6 miles to get there (16019 Maricopa Highway, Bakersfield 93311). It’s about a 40-minute drive from Frazier Park.
Saturday, Sept. 11, 2021
• Frazier Mountain High School welcomes the third FFA Farmers Market, 9 a.m.–1 p.m. at FMHS (700 Falcon Way, Lebec). Items being sold include honey, artwork, goat milk, hummus, baked goods, flowers and plants.
• Final day! The Great American Yard Sale at Ridge Route Communities Museum continues (see details for Friday, above).
• Join the 21st Annual Ride/Walk to Remember through Cuddy Valley, by meeting at 11 a.m. at the Piñon Pines mailboxes. It is a local tradition to honor those lost in the 9/11 attacks of 2001. Motorists through Cuddy Valley are welcome to wave or park and observe the procession. (Please don’t honk if you’re too close, it can startle the horses.)
Bingo is back—VFW makes it happen once again! 7–9 p.m. at the VFW Hall (612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park, 661.245.3273). No latecomers, please, as no cards will be sold after 7:00 p.m. Everyone is requested to wear masks (612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park)
Sunday, Sept. 12, 2021
• The ‘Everything Exchange’ is 10 a.m.–3 p.m., at Lampkin Park basketball courts in PMC (6410 Askin Dr.). This is an annual event, where you can take what you want (for free), and donate what you don’t need—small items only today. Social distancing and masks mandatory.
Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021
• Last day to postmark your mail-in ballot, or cast it in person. Usually, polling places are: Frazier Park Library (FP) 3732 Park Drive; Community Health Clinic (Lebec) 704 Lebec Road; Cuddy Hall (Cuddy Valley/LOW) 335 Lakewood Place, FP; and Pine Mountain Christian Community Church (PMC) 16301 Askin Dr., PMC. Please call to verify your polling place if you are not certain: 661.868.3590.
• A community meeting about Frazier Mountain Park’s future is 6:30 p.m., at the park community building (3801 Park Drive, across from the library). County officials will be there to hear your voice: share your ideas, suggestions, input for park improvements, renovations and changes. Hosted by Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• A reprise book launch party in a shady outdoor courtyard is Sunday, Sept. 19, 2 p.m., at Adventure Ink bookstore (16229 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village) for Deep in the Forest, Beyond the Clouds, a collection of true stories by members of the Mountain Communities. If you have a mountain story to share, there will also be a discussion of Volume II of Deep in the Forest. Music, entertainment, refreshments, readings, door prizes and a book signing will be part of this free event.
• Get in the Halloween spirit: Frazier Park will present a Haunted House at the end of October, so here’s a chance to let your spookiness shine! Volunteers 13 years old and up are needed: performers, set building/tearing down, makeup and costuming. Sign up at https://forms.gle/YSqzgRwnmBjmoWEM6.
• Increased WIC payments running out: the Women, Infants and Children food program’s temporary $35/month increase for fruits and vegetables runs only through September 30. Check with Mountain Communities Family Resource Center to apply, 661.245.4303.
• Buckland Liquidators Swap Meet Sale is Saturday, Sept. 18, 8 a.m.-2 p.m. Vendors are needed—if you would like to join, call 661.573.6816. It is $10 per spot, and everyone is welcome. Pita Paradise food truck will be there to make this a tasty swap meet!
• Senior Sack takes place the second and fourth Wednesday of every month, make sure your there to grab your fresh delicious produce/food, Sept. 22, 10 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park (3732 Park Dr.)
• Artflix at Artworks presents Cadillac Records Thursday, Sept. 23, 6:30 p.m. This film explores the musical era from the early 1940s to the late 1960s, with Beyoncé Knowles as Etta James, Mos Def as Chuck Berry, and more. Drinks and snacks are a $3 donation.
• PMC CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) will hold a safety training, Saturdays, Sept. 25, Oct. 9 and 25, 8 a.m.–4 p.m., to be prepared to help family and neighbors in an emergency situation. Email email@example.com to register.
• Bring your icky stuff to dump at the Household Hazardous Waste Collection Event, September 25, 9 a.m–1 p.m., Lebec Transfer Station (300 Landfill Road).
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 12–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
Sept. 9 •Noon Quilting & Crafts
•12:15 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
Tuesday, Sept. 14
•6 a.m.–9 p.m. Election Day
•4:30 p.m. Lego Mania
Wednesday, Sept. 15
•10:30 a.m. Mountain Lotus Yoga Masks are required to enter the library, but may be removed during exercises. Yogis must bring a mat and a small towel, as these are required but will not be provided.
•Noon Coloring and Coffee
Thursday, Sept. 16
•Noon Quilting & Crafts
•12:15 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
•4 p.m. Board Game night.
PLEASE NOTE: MANY OF THESE EVENTS MAY HAVE BEEN CANCELED.
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
•Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
Third Sunday of each month
•The PMC Amateur Radio Club meetings are now held on your amateur radio on the third Sunday of the month at 2 p.m. using the Cerro Noroeste Repeater KC6WRD 70cm 443.075 448.075 +5 MHz FM 94.8. Everyone is welcome to attend! The more members throughout the mountain region, the more prepared our region will be in the event of an emergency.
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the September 10, 2021 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.