For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, Oct. 1, 2021
• Movie Night at the Library features Back To The Future, 6–8 p.m., so come start off your weekend with a family flick! This is a free event, good for most ages (rated PG-13). This great classic featuring Michael J. Fox will throw you back into the fun 1950s, in the comfort of Frazier Park Library (3732 Park Drive).
Saturday, Oct. 2, 2021
• Ridge Route Centennial Celebration of The Lebec Hotel 1921-2021 is 5 p.m., on the lawn at the Tejon Ranch Headquarters guesthouse. The Ridge Route Communities Museum staff invites all to join in this elegant catered dinner. There will also be music, entertainment and tours of the house. If you’re feeling bold, show up in 1920s attire (calling all flappers!). Call Bonnie for more information at 661.245.7747.
• Bingo is back—VFW makes it happen once again! Doors open at 6, the fun starts happens 7–9 p.m., at VFW Hall (612 Canada Trail, Frazier Park, 661.245.3273). There are lots of prizes and games to win. No latecomers, please, as no cards will be sold after 7:00 p.m. Everyone is requested to wear masks.
Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021
• Amazing wildlife stories as told by Barbara Wiseman has an encore presentation, 2 p.m., at Adventure Ink bookstore (16229 Pine Valley Lane, PMC). Wiseman is back to share wonderful tales from the many eco-safaris her nonprofit has conducted in South Africa. This event will be held on the Adventure Ink bookstore’s outdoor patio. Masks are required.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Get in the Halloween spirit: Frazier Park will present a Haunted House at the end of October, so here’s a chance to let your spookiness shine! Volunteers 13 years old and up are needed: performers, set building/tearing down, makeup and costuming. Sign up at https://forms.gle/YSqzgRwnmBjmoWEM6. See Spotlight on page 9 of the print edition for more information.
• Frazier Mountain High School welcomes the third FFA Farmers Market, Saturday, Oct. 9, 9 a.m.–1 p.m. at FMHS (700 Falcon Way, Lebec). All vendors are invited, $25 per space. Some items being sold are honey, artwork, goat milk, hummus, baked goods, flowers and plants. There will also be a pumpkin patch. If you would like to sell your wares, contact Lee Bizzini via Facebook or call the school, 661.248.0310.
• Topa Mountain Music Festival at the Libbey Bowl in Ojai is Saturday, Oct. 9, 3–10 p.m. This benefit supports the Young and the Brave Cancer Foundation. There will be live music from various artists. This event is for all ages (Libbey Bowl, 210 S. Signal Street, Ojai).
• An artists’ reception for painters Sunjay and Jeanette Richardson Herring is Saturday, Oct. 9, 5 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, Pine Mountain Village). As always, there will be snacks, refreshments and good conversation.
• Embrace the dark on a Night Hike at Wind Wolves Preserve, Saturday, Oct. 9, 6:30–8:30 p.m. Look for nocturnal wildlife along San Emigdio Canyon Trail and admire the night sky atop a lookout point at Raven’s Landing. Black lights may be provided to discover glow-in-the-dark critters. For ages 6 and up (no strollers). This is free, but will book up fast! Register through Facebook at www.Facebook.com/WindWolvesPreserve.
• Interested in becoming a Frazier Mountain Little League Board Member? A board members meeting is Wednesday, Oct. 13, 7 p.m., at Caveman Cavey’s (3620 Mt Pinos Way #107, Frazier Park). All board positions are open. See ad on page 5 of the print edition.
• Artflix at Artworks presents The Dance Of Reality, Thursday, Oct. 14, 6:30 p.m. This is a musical-fantasy drama produced and directed by Alejandro Jodorowsky (16233 Pine Valley Lane, PMC). Drinks and snacks are a $3 donation.
• Wind Wolves Preserve’s Volunteer Days are a wonderful family opportunity for service and fun together. The next one is Saturday, Oct. 16, 9 a.m.–12 p.m. Learn how you can help restore the land and make a positive different for the animals and terrain of this Wildlands Conservancy preserve. For reservations and information, see the events schedule at www.Facebook.com/WindWolvesPreserve.
• Movie Night on Frazier Mountain High School’s football field features Coraline, Friday, Oct. 22, 7–8 p.m., $7 a person and $5 for anyone under 5 years old. There will be hot dogs, hot cocoa, baked goods and hand-warmers for sale. Dress warmly. Bring blankets and chairs (700 Falcon Way).
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 12–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
Sept. 30 •11 a.m. Childrens Circle
•Noon Quilting & Crafts
•12:15 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
Oct. 5 •4:30 p.m. Lego Mania
Oct. 6 •10:30 a.m. Mountain Lotus Yoga Masks are required to enter the library, but may be removed during exercises. Yogis must bring a mat and a small towel, as these are required but will not be provided.
•Noon Coloring and Coffee
Oct. 7 •Noon Quilting & Crafts
•12:15 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
PLEASE NOTE: MANY OF THESE EVENTS MAY HAVE BEEN CANCELED.
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
•Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
Third Sunday of each month
•The PMC Amateur Radio Club meetings are now held on your amateur radio on the third Sunday of the month at 2 p.m. using the Cerro Noroeste Repeater KC6WRD 70cm 443.075 448.075 +5 MHz FM 94.8. Everyone is welcome to attend! The more members throughout the mountain region, the more prepared our region will be in the event of an emergency.
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the October 1, 2021 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.