For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Friday, Dec. 24, 2021
• The Let’s Live Local Virtual Art Show & Contest is 6 p.m. and will be held via Zoom. The winning artist will be awarded a generous prize of $200. Email LetslivelocalDecember@gmail.com for details on how to attend.
• Artflix at Artworks presents the film ‘Paris: The Luminous Years’ [postponed from December 9 due to storm], 6:30 p.m.–8 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery (16233 Pine Valley Lane, PMC). This film captures key moments and figures in avant-guard art in Paris during the years 1905–1930.
Saturday, Dec. 25, 2021
MERRY CHRISTMAS! from the staff of The Mountain Enterprise.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• ‘Tis the season! Resident Permits can help you get past those winter road closures. When CHP sets up the snow visitor chain check line, you can be waved through if you display one for the current year. Permits are issued by Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce and they are available for $6 each with proof of residence at the following locations:
Ace Hardware: 3320 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Rescued Treasures Thrift Store: 3538 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Ridge Route Communities Museum: 3515 Park Drive, FP
Kung Foo San Soo Studio: 7025 Cuddy Valley Road, Suite 1, LOW
Mountain Memories: 661.623.2340 or info@FrazierFiestaDays.org
Mountain Properties Frazier Park: 617 Monterey Trail, FP
Mountain Properties PMC: 16229 Pine Valley Lane, PMC
Don’s Liquor Mart: 616 Monterey Trail, FP
Frazier Park Market: 632 Laguna Trail, FP
La Sierra Mexican Restaurant: 3500 Mt Pinos Way, FP
Carquest: 251 Frazier Mountain Park Road, Lebec
Basecamp: 16311 Askin Drive, PMC
Mountain Communities Family Resource Center: 3015 Mt. Pinos Way #201, FP
• Kern Community Foundation’s Kern Futures Scholarship application period is now open, Dec. 1–March 1, 2022. Graduating high school seniors planning to attend college, university or an accredited technical school are encouraged to apply. Visit www.kernfoundation.org/scholarships for an opportunity to be awarded $500–$3,000 in scholarship funds!
* The PMC New Years Eve Celebration is Friday, Dec. 31, 6 p.m.–12:30 a.m. Dinner will be served promptly at 6 p.m. Live music from Weekend Warriors follows at 8:30 p.m., with a champagne toast at midnight. For reservations, call 661.242.3788.
• The 2022 Polar Bear Plunge is Saturday, Jan. 1, 11 a.m., at the McMurtrey Aquatic Center (1325 Q Street, Bakersfield, CA 93301). At this annual event, hosted by Bakersfield Dept. of Recreation and Parks, participants can slide into icy water and swim their way to a cup of hot chocolate. The cost is $5, or $30 for a plunge and a sweatshirt. Walk-up registration begins at 10:30 a.m. For more information, call 661.852.7430.
• The AARP Frazier Park Chapter Senior Exercise program resumes Monday, Jan. 3, 11 a.m.–noon, and continues every Monday and Thursday. This program is held at the Frazier Park Community Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way #201, FP). Annual dues for the chapter are $5, and are payable upon attendance. If you have questions, call Beth Gomez (chapter president) at 661.245.5472.
• Free Christmas tree recycling is offered December 29–January 10 at Lebec Transfer Station (300 Landfill Road, Lebec) 9 a.m.–5 p.m. daily except for Tuesdays and Wednesdays. All decorations, stands and nails must be removed.
• Kern Economic Development Corporation hosts the 2022 State of the County, Jan. 29, 7–8 p.m., at www.kernedc.com. Featuring Kern County Board of Supervisors Chairman Zack Scrivner, county community leaders come together to discuss the upcoming year. For more information on how to virtually attend, email Sophia Gligorevic at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 661.862.5156. This discussion will also be broadcast live on KGET-17 and streaming at www.KGET.com.
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 12–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
The Library will be closed December 23, 2021 through the end of the year and will reopen January 4, 2022.
PLEASE NOTE: MANY OF THESE EVENTS MAY HAVE BEEN CANCELED.
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Qi Gong class 10–10:45 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP. Free. Instructor is Mary Miller (661.245.3456)
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Frazier Mountain Quilters at Frazier Mtn. Park Senior Center
10 a.m.–3 p.m., FP. All needle crafts welcome. (Laverne 661.248.0487)
•Al-Anon Meetings 6:30–7:30 p.m. Family Res. Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way), FP (661.245.2557)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution (also Wednesday, Friday) 661.245.1952
•Family Story Time 11:30 a.m. at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•Canasta, Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Room,1 p.m.
•Girl Scout Troop 3613 Meeting 5:15 p.m. Family Resource Ctr mtg room (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Women’s AA Meeting 7–8 p.m.Family Resource Ctr mtg room
3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP (661.245.2557)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 7 p.m. Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m. (661.242.1025), Pine Mtn Village
•Al-Anon Meeting 10 a.m.–11:30 a.m. In PMC, behind gas station, next to gym.
•Chess: All ages welcome 3:30 p.m. Coach Bill Hopper teaches at Frazier Park Library (661.245.1267)
•MyC3 meeting 2–4 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, (3015 Mt. Pinos Way) FP 661.245.2557
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 661.245.2557
•Meals on Wheels distribution (also Mon., Fri.) 661.245.1952
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Dept. of Human Services 9–11:30 a.m. Family Resource Ctr, FP.
No appt. needed.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center 661.245.3409, FP
•Mountain Girls 2:30-4:30 p.m. in Pine Mountain Club; please RSVP (call or text) to 661.808.7959 for location and details.
•Senior Exercise 11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior Room (661.245.1992)
•Mexican Train Dominoes, Frazier Mountain Park Community Center Senior Rm. 1 p.m. 661.245.1992
•Alcoholics Anonymous meeting (men’s stag) 7 p.m. 3143 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.245.1208)
•Scrappers Quilt Guild 8 a.m.–2 p.m. in Pool Pavilion at PMC Clubhouse
•AA Meeting is 6–7:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room,
(3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 102) in Frazier Park
•Meals on Wheels distributed (also Monday and Wednesday) 661.245.1952
•Noon meditation and a brief dharma talk at Jizo Peace Center (2012 Pioneer
Way, PMC); call for information, and to confirm it is on: 661.242.6956.
•Bingo 7–9 p.m. VFW Hall, 612 Canada Trail, FP 245.3273
•Narcotics Anonymous Meeting 7 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP 245.2557
First and Third Saturday
•KYIS Knitting Guild meets at PMC Clubhouse Pool Pavilion 1–4 p.m.
•Writers’ Workshop, 1-4, Frazier Park Library.
•Mexican Train Dominoes and Canasta at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Ctr. Senior Room 1 p.m.
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church Youth Group, 5-6:30 p.m., meets at the Activity Center (log cabin), 661.242.1025
•AA meeting 7–8:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt Pinos Way, FP
•Frazier Park Elementary School PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m. in the staff lounge
•Kern County Search & Rescue, 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, Frazier Park
•Salvation Army Commodities
11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele jam at FP Library, 5 p.m.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Frazier Park mobile staff office hours are 10–11 a.m. at the Family Resource Ctr. (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s Pine Mountain Club mobile staff office hours are 11:30-12:30 p.m. at the PMC Pool Pavilion (2524 Beechwood Way). For an appointment, call 661.327.3611.
•Assemblyman Vince Fong’s mobile staff office hours mirror Kevin McCarthy’s above: 10–11 a.m. in Frazier Park, 11:30 a.m.–12:30 p.m. in PMC.
•Mountain Communities Women in Business (MCWinBiz) meets, 11:30 a.m. at Falcon’s Nest
•AARP potluck meeting 11:45 a.m. at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center
•Boys & Girls Club Board Mtg, 12 noon, Tejon Mountain Village office (661.663.4281)
•Pine Mountain Village Merchants Assn. meeting is 5 p.m. in the Condor Room, Pine Mountain Clubhouse 661.242.2035
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 7025 Cuddy Valley Rd., #F, Lake of the Woods
•VFW & Auxiliary 11 a.m. VFW Post Hall in Frazier Park
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m. at Falcon’s Nest in FP
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 7 p.m. (2037 Lebec Rd, Lebec)
• Mountain Communities CERT (Community Emergency Response Team) meets 6 p.m. at Caveman Cavey’s
•South West Health Care District meeting 6 p.m. Frazier Mountain Community Health Center, Lebec
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m. at office.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School campus in the Condor Academy Building, Lebec (661.248.6247)
•Pine Mountain Town Hall 7–8 p.m. (661.242.3788)
•Scouts West 4 x 4 Club at Los Pinos, Lebec 10 a.m. (245.3250)
•PMC Clubhouse Task Force meets, 1 p.m., Condor Room
•Health Insurance Counseling 10 a.m.–12 p.m. Family Resource Ctr. Meeting Rm, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Ridge Route Communities Museum Board Meeting 2 p.m. at the museum, FP
•Quilting and Crafts, 11 a.m., Frazier Park Library
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•McCASA meets 4-5:30 p.m. Family Resource Center meeting room downstairs, FP (661.245.4303)
•ArtFlix at Artworks, free film series, 6:30 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV 661.858.3130
•PMC Amateur Radio Club meeting, 6:45 p.m. Call for location 661.242.2211
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Gardeners meet 4–5:30 p.m., PMC Pool Pavilion (Judy Keim 661.242.0817)
Third Saturday (Even months only)
•Ham Radio Testing is at 12 noon at the Frazier Park Library
Third Sunday of each month
•The PMC Amateur Radio Club meetings are now held on your amateur radio on the third Sunday of the month at 2 p.m. using the Cerro Noroeste Repeater KC6WRD 70cm 443.075 448.075 +5 MHz FM 94.8. Everyone is welcome to attend! The more members throughout the mountain region, the more prepared our region will be in the event of an emergency.
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6:30 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 9 a.m. 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Last Thursday of the month
•Painting with Pam and Friends, 6 p.m. at Artworks Community Gallery, PMV, $30/person. Refreshments served. Call for reservations: 661.245.3444
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the December 24, 2021 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.