For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Thursday, August 11, 2022
• The Friends of the Library Book Sale continues today, 11 a.m.–6 p.m. Be sure to bring the kids through on Sunday for their famous Buck-a-Bag sale and help support your local library with their summer clearout! See Library schedule, right, for more information or call 661.245.1267. Kids can receive one free book on any day of the sale.
• Walt & Pam perform live at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 6 p.m. in the lounge (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). All are invited.
Friday, August 12, 2022
* Catch Asher Nicholson at the Condor Lounge for live music entertainment, 7–10 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC).
• Today is the last day for Mountain Communities Family Resource Center’s School Supplies Drive. Donations can be dropped off at the MCFRC office (3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Suite 201, FP). Call MCFRC for a list of supplies needed this year. 661.245.4303
Saturday, August 13, 2022
• Lockwood Hillbillies take the stage performing outlaw country music at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 6 p.m. in the lounge (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). All are invited.
* Dive Bar Messiahs perform live at the Condor Lounge, 7–11 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC).
Wednesday, August 17, 2022
• Join the Mountain Communities Family Resource Center for Children’s Circle, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. at Frazier Park (3801 Park Dr., FP). Children of all ages are invited to the park for fun activities, crafts, games and socializing. This event occurs every Wednesday at the same time. For more information, call MCFRC at 661.245.4303
Ongoing and Upcoming
• The AARP Frazier Park Chapter Senior Exercise program continues every Monday and Thursday, 11 a.m.–noon. This program is held at the Frazier Park Community Center (3015 Mt. Pinos Way #201, FP). Annual dues for the chapter are $5, and are payable upon attendance. If you have questions, call Beth Gomez (chapter president) at 661.245.5472.
• Run To The Pines Auto Show early registration is open now. Registrations cost $30. Enter today at www.runtothepinesautoshow.com or sign up at the gate. Run To The Pines Auto Show is September 17, 9 a.m., in Pine Mountain Club. This event is presented by the Pine Mountain Club Commercial Property Owners Association, Inc.
• Frazier Park Library is looking for volunteers to participate in their Halloween Haunted House, now and leading up to the event. Those interested in setting up or taking down the event, acting, or planning and creative aspects are encouraged to call the library at 661.245.1267, email Chase.firstname.lastname@example.org or visit their Facebook page for more details.
• A live Zoom webinar presented by Kern Fire Safe Council with Southern California Edison on Community Resources is Tuesday, August 23 at 5 p.m. This webinar covers community and climate equity with Alex Garibay. Register for the event at Kernfiresafe.org.
• Concert on the Greens returns with City Beat and the Main Street Horns, Saturday, August 27, 4:30–7 p.m. City Beat and the Main Street Horns are known for their rhythm & blues, rock and soul music.
• Mile High Theater hosts Theater Under the Stars, Friday, September 2–Sunday, September 4, 6:30 p.m. at Mile High Theater (7024 Crable St., FP). Visit MileHighTheater.com for tickets.
• The Mountain Communities Family Resource Center Benefit Bash is Saturday, September 10, 5–8 p.m. at 16233 Pine Valley Lane, PMC. Support our local family resource center through art, music, gift baskets, and more. All proceeds benefits the MCFRC.
• Sign ups for the Low-Cost Spay/Neuter Clinic for Unincorporated County Residents begin Wednesday, September 21. The clinic will be held in Lebec on Wednesday, October 19. Only 4 pets per household. Pets must be under 7 years of age, in good health, and proof of address is required. Cats 2 months to 7 years and puppies 2-3 months old have a $20 co-pay. Dogs over 3 months old have a $40 co-pay. This event is sponsored by SNIP Mobile spay and neuter clinic and Kern County Animal Services. Call 661.868.7100 for more information.
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 11–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
Thursday, August 11
•11 a.m.–6 p.m. Friend’s Book Sale
•12 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
Friday, August 12
•11 a.m.–5 p.m. Friend’s Book Sale
Saturday, August 13
•11 a.m.–6 p.m. Friend’s Book Sale Buck-a-Bag Sale
Tuesday, August 16
•1 p.m. Support Group
•3 p.m. Self-Love Class
Wednesday, August 17
•11 a.m. Coloring & Coffee
Thursday, August 18
•12 p.m. Quilting & Crafts
•12 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
•4 p.m. Movie Night
PLEASE NOTE: SOME OF THESE EVENTS MAY HAVE BEEN CANCELED DUE TO THE PANDEMIC.
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•White Sage Lace Guild, 10 a.m.–3 p.m. PMC pool pavilion (661.245.1992)
•Senior Exercise ,11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution, (661.245.1952)
•Kid’s Korner, 3:30 p.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267)
•Lego Mania, 4:30 p.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267)
•Square Dancing at Cuddy Hall, 6:30 p.m., Call Don and Bethel (661.245.1882)
Every Tuesday and Thursday
•Walt & Pam, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m., Pine Mtn Village, (661.242.1025)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Men’s Bible Study in the Library, 10 a.m., Pine Mountain Village, (661.242.1025)
•Morning Yoga, 10:30 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267). Bring your own mat.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Senior Sack, 10 a.m.–12 p.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP (661.245.3409)
•Senior Exercise, 11 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior room, FP (661.245.1992)
•Children’s Circle, 11–11:55 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267)
•Quilting and Crafts, 12 p.m.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
•Cary Park, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP) except the first Friday of the month.
•Pine Mountain Club Property Owners Association Board of Directors meeting, 10 a.m., in the Condor Room. (661.242.3788)
•Meditation, 12 p.m., Jizo Peace Center (818.834.5925).
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church service, 10 a.m., and live streamed at www.pmccc.org (661.242.1025)
•Salvation Army Commodities, 9 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele Jam, 4 p.m., Frazier Park Library, FP.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m., 3149 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.248.6247)
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP.
•Poetry Night, 6 p.m., at Adventure Ink Bookstore (16225 Askin Drive, PMC).
•Open Mic Night, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive.
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m., in the Staff lounge, Frazier Park Elementary School, FP (626.391.6380)
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m., Frazier Mountain Community Center 661.245.3409, FP.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 1 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP and online via Zoom.
Every second and fourth Sunday
•A Garden Market with organic produce and crafts at the Pine Mountain Village center gazebo, 12–4 p.m.
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the August 12, 2022 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.