For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Thursday, November 17
• A Remembrance for Stan Fisher is at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant,
6 p.m. (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). Walt and Pam Ryba will perform two of Fisher’s songs.
Friday, November 18
• Another Houchin Blood Drive will take place at the Clubhouse parking lot in PMC, 10 a.m.–2 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). Donate blood this season and help save a life!
• Cary Park entertains at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 6 p.m. (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). Cary is a singer-songwriter who performs classics and some of his own originals, too.
• Vince Vinay performs classics and originals on his acoustic guitar at The Condor Lounge, 7–10 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). The Condor Lounge musical events are open to the public.
Saturday, November 19
• Lockwood Hillbillies take the stage tonight at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 6 p.m. in the lounge (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
• Meridian entertains with music from the 1960s, ‘70s amd ‘80s, 7–11 p.m. at the Condor Lounge (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). The Condor Lounge musical events are open to the public.
Wednesday, November 23
• Join the Mountain Communities Family Resource Center for Children’s Circle, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. at Frazier Park (3801 Park Dr., FP). Children of all ages are invited to the park for fun activities, crafts, games and socializing. This event occurs every Wednesday at the same time. For more information, call MCFRC at 661.245.4303.
Thursday, November 24
• The second annual Community Thanksgiving Dinner is 2–5:30 p.m. and will be hosted by CupCake’s Cafe (3408 Mt. Pinos Way, FP). All are welcome to attend, but please RSVP by calling 661.809.6159.
• The annual Free Thanksgiving Dinner at the Moose lodge is 2–6 p.m. (6941 Lockwood Valley Rd., FP).
Ongoing and Upcoming
• Mountain Communities Family Resource Center is accepting applications for Toys for Tots and Gifts for Teens, starting November 1 through December 2. Complete an application at the MCFRC office, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way, Ste. 201, FP. Call 661.245.4303 for details.
• The AARP Frazier Park Chapter Senior Exercise program continues every Monday and Thursday, 11 a.m.–noon. This program is held at the Frazier Park Community Center (3801 Park Dr., FP). Annual dues for the chapter are $5, and are payable upon attendance. If you have questions, call Beth Gomez (chapter president) at 661.245.5472.
• Bingo Night is every Saturday, 6–9 p.m. at VFW post 9791 (612 Canada Trail, FP). Doors will open at 6 p.m., and the first game will begin at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. VFW pull-tabs and refreshments will be offered for sale.
• PMC’s Drive-thru Christmas tree lighting is 5:45 p.m., Friday, Nov. 25 in the clubhouse parking-lot (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). Tour the lights in your own vehicle with complimentary hot chocolate and cookies!
• The annual Holiday Craft Fair in PMC is 10 a.m.–3 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 26 in the clubhouse (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). Handmade crafts and booths from more than 50 artisans and vendors will be available to browse for that perfect holiday gift.
• The Annual Holiday Faire and Festival of Lights Parade is 12–6 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 3. along Mt. Pinos Way in Frazier Park. Santa will come to town to say hello along with vendors, craft workshops, a parade, games and food! For more information call 661.623.2340.
• Christmas in the Village at Pine Mountain Club is 10 a.m.–12:30 p.m., Saturday, Dec. 10. Enjoy a holiday parade of decorated golf carts, Santa and a special show afterwards. Visit www.pmcchristmasinthevillage.com for more details.
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 11–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
Thursday, Nov. 17
•12 p.m. Quilting & Crafts
•12 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
•5 p.m. Horror Virtual Book Club
Tuesday, Nov. 22
•3 p.m. Self Love
Wednesday, Nov. 23
•11 a.m. Coloring and Coffee
•12 p.m. Toddler Time
•2 p.m. Games & Snacks
•4 p.m. Movie Night
Wednesday, Nov. 24
Happy Thanksgiving! The Library will be closed today.
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Senior Exercise ,11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution, (661.245.1952)
Every Tuesday and Thursday
•Walt & Pam, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m., Pine Mtn Village, (661.242.1025)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Men’s Bible Study in the Library, 10 a.m., Pine Mountain Village, (661.242.1025)
•Morning Yoga, 10:30 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267). Bring your own mat.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Senior Sack, 10 a.m.–12 p.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP (661.245.3409)
•Senior Exercise, 11 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior room, FP (661.245.1992)
•Children’s Circle, 11–11:55 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267)
•Quilting and Crafts, 12 p.m.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
•Cary Park, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP) except the first Friday of the month.
•Pine Mountain Club Property Owners Association Board of Directors meeting, 10 a.m., in the Condor Room. (661.242.3788)
•Meditation, 12 p.m., Jizo Peace Center (818.834.5925).
•VFW Bingo Night, 7 p.m. at Post 9791 (612 Canada Trail, FP.)
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church service, 10 a.m., and live streamed at www.pmccc.org (661.242.1025)
•Salvation Army Commodities, 9 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele Jam, 4 p.m., Frazier Park Library, FP.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m., 3149 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.248.6247)
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP.
•Poetry Night, 6 p.m., at Adventure Ink Bookstore (16225 Askin Drive, PMC).
•Open Mic Night, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive.
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m., in the Staff lounge, Frazier Park Elementary School, FP (626.391.6380)
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m., Frazier Mountain Community Center 661.245.3409, FP.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 1 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP and online via Zoom.
Every second and fourth Sunday
•A Garden Market with organic produce and crafts at the Pine Mountain Village center gazebo, 12–4 p.m.
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the November 18, 2022 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.