For listing in the newspaper and online, send community events by Thursday at 2 p.m. to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com or call 661.245.3794
Thursday, January 19
• Foxtail Rangers perform classic rock and country at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 5:30 p.m. (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
Friday, January 20
• Cary Park performs classic rock, country and original music at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 5:30 p.m. (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
• Jeffrey Bretz performs classic rock, oldies and country music at The Condor Lounge, 6-9 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). The Condor Lounge is open to everyone.
Saturday, January 21
• Lockwood Hillbillies Shawn and Petra perform outlaw country music at La Sierra Mexican Restaurant, 5:30 p.m. (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
• Journey in Time performs soft rock, folk and country music from the 1960’s and 70’s at The Condor Lounge, 7–11 p.m. (2524 Beechwood Way, PMC). The Condor Lounge is open to everyone.
Tuesday, January 24
• Frazier Park Library hosts Rainbow Reads Family Story Time every fourth Tuesday of the month beginning today. This LGBTQIA+ program will provide a reading of the book “Heather Has Two Mommies” by Lesléa Newman along with coloring pages for the whole family. For more information, contact KCL-Frazier Park at 661.245.1267.
Wednesday, January 25
• Join the Mountain Communities Family Resource Center for Children’s Circle, 11 a.m.–12 p.m. at Frazier Park (3801 Park Dr., FP). Children of all ages are invited to the park for fun activities, crafts, games and socializing. This event occurs every Wednesday at the same time. For more information, call MCFRC at 661.245.4303.
Ongoing and Upcoming
• The last day to submit photos for the Mountain Youth Photo contest has been postponed until Spring. Submissions must be accompanied by the signed form. A notice for this contest can be found on page 7 of The Mountain Enterprise. This contest is for ages 6–18.
• The AARP Frazier Park Chapter Senior Exercise program continues every Monday and Thursday, 11 a.m.–noon. This program is held at the Frazier Park Community Center (3801 Park Dr., FP). For questions, call Beth Gomez at 661.245.5472.
• Bingo Night is every Saturday, 6–9 p.m. at VFW post 9791 (612 Canada Trail, FP). Doors will open at 6 p.m., and the first game will begin at 7 p.m. Everyone is invited. VFW pull-tabs and refreshments will be offered for sale.
• The Wildlands Conservancy hosts it’s Wild Kidz event Saturday and Sunday, January 28 and 29, 10 a.m.–2 p.m. at Wind Wolves Preserve (16019 Maricopa Hwy, Bakersfield). Bring the family and kids for reptile presentations and educational activities. No reservations are required. For more details call 661.858.1115 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The last day to sign up for Frazier Mountain Little League baseball and softball has been updated to Saturday, January 28. Adults with children ages 4 to 16 who are interested in the spring program are encouraged to visit www.FMLL.org for more information.
• Have you gotten your Resident Permit yet? Permits can help you get past those winter road closures. When CHP sets up the snow visitor chain check line, you can be waved through if you display one for the current year. Permits are issued by Mountain Communities Chamber of Commerce and they are available for $6 each with proof of residence at the following locations:
Rescued Treasures Thrift Store: 3538 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Ridge Route Communities Museum: 3515 Park Drive, FP
Mountain Memories: 661.623.2340 or info@FrazierFiestaDays.org
Mountain Properties PMC: 16229 Pine Valley Lane, PMC
Mountain Aire Veterinary Hospital: 837 Lebec Road, FP
Don’s Liquor Mart: 616 Monterey Trail, FP
Ace Hardware: 3320 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
Artworks Community Gallery: 16233 Pine Valley Ln., PMC
Code 4 Acupuncture & Herbs: 3402 Mt. Pinos Way, FP
At the Frazier Park Library
Library hours: Tues. through Thurs., 11–6 p.m. • 3732 Park Drive, FP • 661.245.1267
Thursday, Jan. 19
•12 p.m. Storytime and Crafts
•12 p.m. Quilting and Crafts
Wednesday, Jan. 25
•11 p.m. Coffee & Coloring
•12 p.m. Toddler Time
Thursday, Jan. 26
•12 p.m. Storytime & Crafts
•12 p.m. Quilting & Crafts
•5 p.m. Virtual Horror Book Club
COMMUNITY’S REGULAR WEEKLY EVENTS
•Senior Exercise ,11 a.m. Frazier Mtn. Park Community Ctr Senior Rm, FP (661.245.1992)
•Meals on Wheels Distribution, (661.245.1952)
Every Tuesday and Thursday
•Walt & Pam, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Women’s Bible Study at the Activity Center,10 a.m., Pine Mtn Village, (661.242.1025)
•Pine Mountain Christian Community Church Men’s Bible Study in the Library, 10 a.m., Pine Mountain Village, (661.242.1025)
•Morning Yoga, 10:30 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267). Bring your own mat.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
Second and Fourth Wednesday
•Senior Sack, 10 a.m.–12 p.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center, FP (661.245.3409)
•Senior Exercise, 11 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center Senior room, FP (661.245.1992)
•Children’s Circle, 11–11:55 a.m., Frazier Park Library, FP (661.245.1267)
•Quilting and Crafts, 12 p.m.
•Meals on Wheels distribution, (661.245.1952)
•Cary Park, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP) except the first Friday of the month.
•Meditation, 12 p.m., Jizo Peace Center (818.834.5925).
•VFW Bingo Night, 7 p.m. at Post 9791 (612 Canada Trail, FP.)
•Pine Mtn. Christian Community Church service, 10 a.m., and live streamed at www.pmccc.org (661.242.1025)
•Salvation Army Commodities, 9 a.m., Frazier Mtn. Park Community Center (805.727.6808)
•Ukulele Jam, 4 p.m., Frazier Park Library, FP.
•ETUSD School Board 6:30 p.m., 3149 San Carlos Trail, FP (661.248.6247)
•LOW Mutual Water Co. meeting is at 6 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP.
•Poetry Night, 6 p.m., at Adventure Ink Bookstore (16225 Askin Drive, PMC).
•Open Mic Night, 6 p.m. at La Sierra Mexican restaurant (3500 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
•FMHS Booster Club meets at 7 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Gorman Elementary School Board 3:30 p.m. at the school
•Lebec County Water District board meets 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•Frazier Park Public Utility District board meeting 6 p.m., online via Zoom.
•South Kern Cemetery District board meeting 5:30 p.m. Arvin Library, Arvin
•Piñon Pines Water Board 6 p.m. Piñon Pines Community Building, 1001 Coldwater Drive.
•El Tejon PTSO meeting 2:30 p.m., in the Staff lounge, Frazier Park Elementary School, FP (626.391.6380)
•Shelter on the Hill Board, Tejon Ranch Natural Resource Bldg. 6 p.m. (661.245.5021) Members & guests
•Men’s Breakfast 8:30 a.m. Pine Mtn Christian Community Church Activity Center, Pine Mountain Village
•Pine Mountain Club Property Owners Association Board of Directors meeting, 10 a.m., in the Condor Room. (661.242.3788)
•Piñon Pines HOA, 6:30 p.m., firehouse in Piñon Pines.
•Senior Sack 10 a.m., Frazier Mountain Community Center 661.245.3409, FP.
Last Monday of the month
•Krista Mutual Water Co. board meeting 1 p.m., 3534 Mt. Pinos Way, FP and online via Zoom.
Every second and fourth Sunday
•A Garden Market with organic produce and crafts at the Pine Mountain Village center gazebo, 12–4 p.m.
Is Your Event Missing? Call 661-245-3794
or email Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
This is part of the January 20, 2023 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.