FRAZIER PARK, CALIFORNIA — Thursday, Feb. 21
Garrett Farn, who had been Tasered by Kern County Sheriff’s Deputies after roaming nude outside a Frazier Park motel in cold weather (see report below), has died in …
By Patric Hedlund
Concern about finding solutions to delays in delivering emergency medical service to Kern’s most rural areas launched fireworks and dialogue at two events in four days last week.
On Friday, Feb. 8 …
By Patric Hedlund
The Lebec County Water District (LCWD) has scheduled a public hearing about annexing the Frazier Park Estates development by Falling Star Homes in Lebec into their district. Arciero & Sons sought permission …
Gorman Elementary Board Named In Lawsuit as Five New Claims Filed
By Gary Meyer
Five new claims by former employees of Gorman Learning Center (GLC)—the troubled charter under Gorman Elementary School District (GESD) which was …
An anonymous tip about a towering snowman was phoned to The Mountain Enterprise as the mountain digs itself out from under two weeks of snow. Our intrepid reporters found Vittorio Mastrocinque and his wife Norma. …
Photos and Story by Sara Woerter
The 2008 Winter Wonderland Formal at Frazier Mountain High School was planned to be held in January, but the crazy weather caused it to be postponed until February 9. ...
The Kern County Superior Court is charged with nominating qualified citizens to serve as members of the Grand Jury from June 30, 2008 through July 1, 2009.
The objective is to obtain nominees representative of ...
It Won’t Hurt a Bit
Reported by Anne Weber, Family Resource Center
Free immunizations will be offered at Frazier Park Elementary School Thursday, Feb. 21, from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
The goal is to ...
Peggy Hernandez, Supervisor of the Los Padres National Forest, has announced that approval has been granted for a project to help protect the community of Pine Mountain and "high value recreation areas" from catastrophic wildfire. ...
Nearly 1,000 of Senator Roy Ashburn’s Mountain Community constituents signed a petition circulated recently by Frazier Park resident Daran Williams, asking that some of the Amtrak buses that pass between Los Angeles and Bakersfield ...
By Kim Volkmar
Snowstorms forced the Underage Drinking Coalition to change their meeting date to January 30, reducing those who could attend to Christine Buma, Laura Olney, Deputy Marc Skidmore, David Dale, Anne Weber and ...
Calendar and Announcements
- Enterprise on the Road: Josh Weingarten at Humboldt State University
- High Country Gardener: Success with Wildflowers
- Family Matters: Attention Hungry Two Year Old
- Ask Moesha: Children and the Terminally Ill Pet
- High Desert Corridor Draws Wide Interest
- Robotics CountDown: Week 5
- Last Call for Community Talent Show Entries
- Answers to Medi-Cal, Medicare And Social Security Questions February 19
- FPPUD Board Names New Director
- More Gorman Channel Repairs Underway
- Pyramid Lake Closed During Repair Project
- Frazier Park Substation Sheriff’s Log
- Free Tickets to Home & Garden Show
- California’s Largest Trout Fishing Derby Calls for Entries
- Primary Election Trends
- Happy Birthday to Pete Exposito