By Gary Meyer
He’s tired and hungry, and probably not much in the mood for chit-chat after spending at least four days and nights atop a power pole in Frazier Park.
Nicknamed "Voltage," the male …
‘Mountain Children’s Funds Sent to Bakersfield’ Mom Says
By Patric Hedlund
Parents of Head Start students are asking whether the Community Action Partnership of Kern, based in Bakersfield, has reneged on its public agreement to …
El Tejon Unified School District Board of Trustees President Ken Hurst read a strongly-worded resolution to a crowded room at the district’s March board meeting.
The trustees voted to accept budget projections that indicate ETUSD’s …
FRAZIER PARK; March 31, 10:15 a.m.–Victor Herrera of San Clemente and Greg Kimura of Simi Valley sent a text message to family members at 10:30 a.m. Sunday, March 30, saying they could see snow on …
By Gary Meyer
"Shop local." What does it really mean for us, here in the Mountain Communities? Why should we bother?
Have you attended Little League or AYSO soccer games at Tejon Fields? The meaning ...
Frazier Park’s convenience stores passed an alcohol decoy test with flying colors Saturday, March 15.
Stores selling liquor near Frazier Park earned perfect scores during the attempt by an underage minor to buy alcohol. None ...
By Bill Fair
Buy plenty of garlic. Look for those extra sprigs of wolfsbane you have laying around the house. Cover your necks and check your blood type because Dracula is coming to ...
By Sara Woerter, Intern to The Mountain Enterprise
The Mountain Communities Coalition to Address Substance Abuse (McCASA) held a meeting on March 26 to speak with its members about the Underage Drinking situation in our ...
By Gary Meyer
The Kern County Board of Supervisors on Tuesday, April 1 made clear its feelings against a pilot firefighter paramedic program for the Pine Mountain community, even if the funds were to come ...
By Holly Van Houten
This Saturday, April 5 the Mountain Shakespeare Festival will present an evening of lighthearted entertainment for the whole family with readings of Mark Twain’s "The Diaries of Adam and Eve" ...
Calendar and Announcements
- High Country Gardener: Plant it Right – The First Time
- Ask Moesha: Woah There! (Founder/Pasture Laminitis)
- Condors Past, Present and Future
- 8th Annual El Tejon Band Auction and Fundraiser Dinner to be April 19
- Enterprise on the go: Steve Sigmon and Cynthia Khyat
- Enterprise on the Road: Austin Mielke
- Association News: Emergency Training Coming to Pine Mountain
- Association News: Los Padres Estates POA Holds Board Elections
- My Hero
- Cheyane Robinson Wins Real Heroes Award
- Free Mammograms Offered At 18th Annual Health Fair
- Martin Brothers Becomes Watson Brothers
- Feeling Lucky? Fool’s Gold Casino Night to Help High School Booster Club’s Good Deeds
- Women in the Outdoors
- Enterprise on the Road: Kim and Bradford Hall
- Legacy of Lovely AC-8
- Flying J Questions
- Roar of Spring
- The Beauty of Everyday Challenges
- Rolling Heart
- Note to our readers