- Sign up for the 43rd Annual Fiesta Days contests and tournaments (Queen, Parade, Pet Show, Hack Tournament and more) by downloading entry forms from www.frazierfiestadays.com, emailing email@example.com or by calling 661-431-8260 for info. Forms also available at Tanicures in Frazier Park (3624 Mt. Pinos Way, see ad pg. 10).
- Mountain Shakespeare Festival presents Taming of the Shrew and The Odd Couple, through July 24 in the Pine Mountain Village Gazebo. $10/$5 admission, see full schedule at www.mountainshakes.org (242-6904).
- Mike Cram is July’s Artist of the Month at Work of Heart Gallery (3011 Mt. Pinos Way, FP).
- AYSO: Sign up for the 4th of July 3v3 Soccerfest by July 3 or Challenger British Soccer Camp by July 19. Call Beth at 661-877-1621 for more information.
- Sign up for Focus Central’s Art Camp 5 through July 19 (camp will be July 19-23). $50/ week or $15/day. To RSVP call Mary at 661-204-6569, firstname.lastname@example.org or visit www.focuscentral.org. Discounts and scholarships available.
- ‘10 Keys to a Successful Marriage’ free seminar for women every Tuesday through August 10 from 10-11:45 a.m. at Lebec Church, 2350 Lebec Road. Childcare $2. (248-2004)
- Beading classes at A Spot of Bead, see www.aspotofbead.com for schedule of classes through July. Call 245-4400 to sign up.
Friday, July 2
- New date: Kern County Veterans Service Dept. Representative at the Family Resource Center 9 a.m.-12 noon, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. Call 245-4303, free help for all veterans and their spouses. Continues every first Friday.
Saturday, July 3
- AYSO Region 382’s 4th of July 3v3 Soccerfest at Frazier Mountain Community Park. $15 per player, open to all Fall 2009 players (661-877-1621)
- *Concert on the Green: Rick Berthod 5:30 p.m. Pine Mountain golf course. Mountain Communities SPCA Silent Auction at the concert, please call 245-3035 to donate.
- *Madd Doggs play live at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room 7-11 p.m.
- Jack Brown house concert at Work of Heart Gallery begins at 7 p.m., 3011 Mt. Pinos Way (behind the Coffee Cantina), $15 suggested donation.
- Live band “11” plays Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 8 p.m. (661-766-2521)
Sunday, July 4 — Happy Independence Day!
- AARP Potluck Picnic at Frazier Mountain Community Park, 11 a.m. (245-1995)
- 1856 Fourth of July Celebration at Fort Tejon State Historic Park is from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Join in games, contests and living history demonstrations. A 31-cannon salute will sound at 12 p.m. sharp. Adults $5/children $3. See www.forttejon.org for info.
Wednesday, July 7
- Kern County Zoning Ordinance Revision Workshop 6:30 p.m. Frazier Mountain Park Community Center, 300 Park Drive
Thursday, July 8
- Congressman Kevin McCarthy’s mobile office hours are from 10-11 a.m. at the Frazier Park Family Resource Center, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. Call 661-327-3611 to make an appointment.
- Assemblymember Jean Fuller’s office hours are from 3-5 p.m. at the Frazier Park Library, 3015 Mt. Pinos Way. Call 661-395-2995 to make an appointment.
Friday, July 9
- Deadline to apply for Fiesta Days Queen is at 5 p.m. Tanicures, 3624 Mt. Pinos Way.
- *Pine Mountain Town Hall meeting is at 7 p.m. in the Condor Room. Teams from Kern County Tax Assessor and Collections office will give a presentation (242-3788)
- Karaoke begins at 9 p.m. at Sue’s Tavern, 3400 Mt. Pinos Way (245-1100)
Saturday, July 10
- Hope National’s ‘Searching the Heart’ Women’s Conference: Abiding in the Unfailing Love of God 8:30 a.m-3:30 p.m. at Cuddy Hall, 335 Lakewood Pl., free, all ladies welcome, please RSVP to Jodie email@example.com, www.thevinepregnancycenter.org
- *Pine Mountain Club Community Swap Meet is from 10 a.m.- 2 p.m. in Lampkin Park. Call 242-3788 for details.
- *Pine Mountain Club Community and Employee Appreciation Picnic is from 3-7 p.m. in Lampkin Park. Please bring a dish to share (burgers and hot dogs provided). Meet the new directors and employees while enjoying live music by Bandit.
- Kyle Hunt and the Gypsy Kings Festival: four bands live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 4 p.m.-1 a.m. (661-766-2521)
- Mike Cram’s Artist of the Month reception at Work of Heart Gallery is at 7 p.m., 3011 Mt. Pinos Way (behind the Coffee Cantina)
- *Chris Wilson plays live at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room 7-11 p.m.
Sunday, July 11
- Freeman Drive Neighborhood Watch meeting is at 2 p.m., 2039 Freeman Drive, Pine Mountain (242-0171). All invited, every second Sunday.
Wednesday, July 14
- New Superintendent of School’s first El Tejon Unified School District Board Meeting 7 p.m. Frazier Mountain High School Library, Open to Public.
Friday, July 16
- Compassion Film Night: Japan’s Secret Garden will begin at 7 p.m. at the Jizo Peace Center, 2012 Pioneer Way, Pine Mountain (242-6956)
- *Totally Awesome 80s Teen Dance the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Pool Pavilion from 7-10 p.m. Prizes for the best 80s fashion, $7 per person (242-3788)
Saturday, July 17
- Tejon Ranch Conservancy hosts an artist morning in Antelope Valley. Sign up at www.tejonranchconservancy.org as spaces are very limited. This event is free.
- Grapevine Glitter Elite and Youth Cheerleading aluminum can collection fundraiser begins today and continues through Saturday, July 24. Drop off your cans at 3524 Mt. Pinos Way, 10 a.m.-6:30 p.m. daily, no glass please
- Medication Take-Back at Frazier Park Market from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Dispose of unwanted or expired medications. Call the Mountain Coalition Against Substance Abuse (McCASA) for more information, 245-4303.
- ‘The Heart of the Mountain’ wine tasting and art auction from 5-8 p.m. to benefit the Boys & Girls Club of Frazier Mountain at the Tejon Ranch Hacienda. Call Ricki at 661-325-3730 for more information ($50/ticket)
- *Concert on the Green: City Beat 5:30 p.m. Pine Mountain golf course. Mountain Communities SPCA Silent Auction at the concert, please call 245-3035 to donate
- *The Wranglers play live at the Pine Mountain Clubhouse Condor Room 7-11 p.m.
- Toni Dodd & The Southbound Blues live at Reyes Creek Bar and Grill, Camp Scheideck, Lockwood Valley. 8 p.m. (661-766-2521)
- Midnight Special plays live at Sue’s Tavern beginning at 9 p.m. 3400 Mt. Pinos Way
This is part of the July 02, 2010 online edition of The Mountain Enterprise.
Have an opinion on this matter? We'd like to hear from you.