SCHEDULED I-5 FREEWAY CLOSURES THURSDAY THROUGH TUESDAY
FRAZIER PARK, California (Thursday, Feb. 5 at 10:30 a.m.)—The following is a schedule of freeway closures beginning this weekend for the I-5 Freeway southbound and northbound near Hasley …
Joan and Ernie Bor, who were arrested in October of last year on charges of animal cruelty, have left their ranch in Lockwood Valley, according to Ventury County Animal Regulation Director Kathy Jenks.
The Bors’ …
By Patric Hedlund
At the end of the business day on Friday, Jan. 23—in the week which also saw the inauguration of a new president—the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) sent out a press …
By Richard Hoegh, Patric Hedlund and Gary Meyer
The Mountain Enterprise has confirmed that the committee of citizens who were appointed to oversee the $7.12 million school bond fund and report to the public about …
The California Department of Public Health has issued an expanded alert regarding products containing peanut butter.
SACRAMENTO – Peanut butter cookies and cookie dough that have been distributed by fundraisers at 162 public and private …
Kern County Fire Chief Dennis L. Thompson, who presided over the four years of efforts by the Pine Mountain community to secure a firefighter paramedic program, has announced that he will be retiring effective March …
By Linda MacKay
Valentine’s Day is right around the corner and the Boys & Girls Club of Frazier Mountain is sending out our love and appreciation to all the Mountain Communities for the tremendous support …
By Sara Woerter, Mountain Enterprise Intern
The Frazier Mountain High School Cheerleading Squad is looking good and cheering hard these days.
On January 22, the FMHS cheerleading competition team held a “Good Luck Potluck.” Parents, …
Send Mountain Community events to Calendar@MountainEnterprise.com
Now through Saturday, Feb. 14
- Comments being accepted on Holiday Inn Express (on Wainright Court, Lebec). Send to Lee Takikawa, USDA Rural Development, 4625 W. Jennifer, Suite #126, …
Update Monday, Feb. 2, 11 a.m.—Gigi says she is doing much better than people expected, and progressing as well as she possibly can given that she still has certain limitations. She says the doctors come …
CHP Coming to AARP
By Don Eubank, AARP Vice President
Each month, on the first Thursday, the AARP group meets for a potluck lunch at the Frazier Mountain Park Community Center and we have very ...
Naturalist Leads Exploration of Chuchupate for Parents and Children
On Saturday, Jan. 31, naturalist Joel Robinson leads the Frazier Mountain Family Loop Walk in Lockwood Valley from 1 to 4 p.m. This walk is presented ...
By James Zoppe, American Jousting Alliance
Our first event at the Tejon Ranch Equestrian Center was very well received. My thanks to Bruce Ryan and Katie Dockings for their help.
People enjoyed participating and had ...
- Timeline of Significant School Bond Events
- ETUSD Seeking Applicants for Citizen’s Bond Oversight Committee
- FMHS Grad Honored at UC Santa Barbara
- El Tejon School 2nd Quarter Honor Roll
Calendar and Announcements
- Auditor Says Gorman School District May Owe $1.2 Million
- Pinon Pines Donates Dip Tank for Firefighters
- Counselor at Clinic Offers Food Stamp, Insurance Help
- Open Call For Creativity
- Pivetti Retires from FOCUS Central
- Holiday Inn Select in Lebec Seeks Rural Development Financing
- Ringing in a Great CWC Tea
- Kern County Sheriff’s Department Honors Simba Wiley Roberts
- Lebec Church Hosts Reseda Gospelaires Quartet at Valentine’s Dinner
- Congratulations to Suzanne Carlucci and Leonard Kanatsky lll