FRAZIER PARK, Calif. (Wednesday, July 9 at 11:30 a.m.) — The Frazier Park Public Utility District (FPPUD) has announced another water service shutdown for Thursday, July 10 from 5 p.m. to 5 a.m. on Friday, …
California ISO Declares Flex-Alert
With a significant heat wave bearing down on California and the West this week and wild fires posing potential threats to the California power grid, the California Independent System Operator Corporation …
FRAZIER PARK, Calif. (Monday, July 7, 2008 at 5 p.m.) — Smoke from coastal and inland fires has prompted numerous calls to The Mountain Enterprise office from mountain residents asking if there are fires burning …
By Gary Meyer
LOCKWOOD VALLEY — A Lockwood Valley man died the morning of Friday, June 27 in a house fire at Adams Trail and Curtis Trail.
Ventura County Fire Department spokesman Bill Nash said …
By Kat Fair
Yes, fireworks in the forest: The Mountain Shakespeare Festival will host a patriotic evening of Old Time Radio Theater, music, and fireworks in the Pine Mountain Village Gazebo on July 4 at …
The people of the Mountain Communities see the Kern County Fire Department as the most service-oriented agency of county government. The firefighters who work here are inspiring. They are passionate about doing their jobs well. …
This piece of paper is one of the great treasures of human history and it belongs to you and me.
On July 4, 1776, 56 people stepped forward to sign a Declaration of Independence.
Nine year old Fletcher Matthews of Pine Mountain took second place in the 2008 State Field Archery Championship. This tournament was held in six different locations throughout the state.
Fletcher competed in Pasadena on June ...
Take a step back in time to see how the Fourth of July was celebrated in 1856. At Fort Tejon State Historical Park this week, visitors will watch costumed volunteers offer a 31-cannon salute from ...
By Kat Fair
The Mountain Shakespeare Festival begins its third season on Friday, July 4. [See story about free evening of big screen fireworks and patriotic fun at 8 p.m. in the ...
By Tina Woo, State Office of Education
Teenagers are being reminded about the new wireless device laws that began July 1.
“Technology rules kids’ lives, but it should never take their lives,” said State ...
By Kristina Graves
The Boys & Girls Club summer program is in full swing and the kids are having a blast. Kids from all over the community are participating in crafts, water play, sports and ...
Calendar and Announcements
- Sightings: The Bears Are Back
- High Country Gardener: Red, White and Blueberries
- Enterprise on the Road: Anthony and Karen Lobina in Valle, Arizona
- Enterprise on The Road: Frazier Park School Students at the LA Zoo
- Enterprise on The Road: Jerry and Mary Sue Allison at Zion National Park
- Postal Fees Go Up
- County and Pine Mountain Prepare for November Ballot Question
- The Happiest Dance Show on Earth Brings Magic to The Mountain
- Jeremy Veith Is Home
- Love the Skin You’re In
- Frazier Park Substation Sheriff’s Log: May 14 to June 19, 2008
- Fourth of July Events
- In Loving Memory: Josephine Tompkins: September 5,1933 – June 23, 2008
- He will be greatly missed: Stephen Crivello Jr.: May 22, 1933 – June 22, 2008
- Lyle Erwin Wentling: February 28, 1965 – June 13, 2008